The “Perfect” Plein Air Landscape Scene
And some scenes are just waiting to be painted.
Some are especially great for watercolor.
The sunlight was bright but filtered through the dense forest. The pattern of light and shade falling on the road was too much to pass up! The dappled and filtered sunlight on the deep snow created a subtle but still visually stunning variety in both the tone and color temperature in the light and shade. Watercolor is the perfect medium to easily capture this effect.
This scene appeared on a sunny morning while driving along Meyers Road in Shaftsbury, Vermont. This area that includes parts of Shaftsbury and North Bennington, Vermont is a favorite place to paint.
Simple Scene Becomes A Pleasing Painting
At first glance, you could get the impression that this is a complex scene. There are a number of trees – tree trunks really – that appear in the scene. Other than those, this is a painting that is very much made from a few very large and well integrated shapes, painted with a very limited “winter palette”. Basically there are three shapes – the large shape of snow covered road, snowbank and forest floor, the shape that includes the woods and trees and spans the picture from side to side, and a small piece of sky. Of course there are details in each area that break up the shape into recognizable elements. Designing and painting the large shapes first is a way to ensure a well integrated painting.
It is my great privilege to sell most of my paintings direct to my buyers – many of whom purchase online. Purchasing direct, online helps me because it saves the cost of framing, transport, inventory, promotion and gallery commissions. In return, you get a really good deal on a piece of original artwork.
Beyond getting a good deal, you’ll be
– supporting a working artist
– enriching your own life by owning a unique creation you can enjoy every day
– creating a long-lasting legacy for your family
– getting in on the ground-floor of a great investment
Oh, and by the way
– if it doesn’t match the drapes, there is a money-back guarantee!
But, it’s available as a signed, limited edition print!
All editions are limited to 50 prints and are mounted and matted to a standard size for easy, low-cost framing.
“Meyers Road” is mounted and matted to 11″h x 14″w. For easy, low-cost framing.
Shipping and Handling to any U. S. address is $6.95. Click “Add To Cart”, below to purchase. Or click here to learn more.
- Print is a signed and numbered limited edition of 50 .
- Comes matted and mounted with acid free materials.
- Matted to standard 11″ x 14″ for easy, low-cost framing.
- Printed on acid-free Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper
- Printed with Epson K3 Ultrachrome archival, pigmented ink
- Print will be shipped by US Postal Service Priority Mail.
- Money Back Guarantee – If you are not completely satisfied, return the print in it’s original matting and packaging within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.