“Solstice Day” – saturated color in the early winter landscape
It would have been a monster snow storm!
Instead, with temperatures in the low ’50’s it was rain instead of snow.
By this time in December, this part of Vermont can be buried in snow. This year has been unusually temperate so storms that would have left many inches of snow behind, leave a soggy landscape and deep puddles.
On this, the first full day of winter, it was low clouds, rain and a soggy landscape. While pleasing light effects were missing, rain-soaked landscapes offer color saturation that is unusual in winter.
This scene offered the color saturation as well as subtle color and temperature contrast between the fields and tree lines. Wet into wet technique dominates and actually helped the painting go fast.
Even without snow, it looks like the first day of winter.
It is my great privilege to sell most of my paintings direct to my buyers – many of whom purchase online. Purchasing direct, online helps me because it saves the cost of framing, transport, inventory, promotion and gallery commissions. In return, you get a really good deal on a piece of original artwork.
Beyond getting a good deal, you’ll be
– supporting a working artist
– enriching your own life by owning a unique creation you can enjoy every day
– creating a long-lasting legacy for your family
– getting in on the ground-floor of a great investment
Oh, and by the way
– if it doesn’t match the drapes, there is a money-back guarantee!
But, it’s available as a signed, limited edition print!
All editions are limited to 50 prints and are mounted and matted to a standard size for easy, low-cost framing.
“Solstice Day” is mounted and matted to 11″h x 14″w. For easy, low-cost framing. Shipping and Handling to any U. S. address is $6.95.
- Print is a signed and numbered limited edition of 50 .
- Comes matted and mounted with acid free materials.
- Matted to standard 11″ x 14″ for easy, low-cost framing.
- Printed on acid-free Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper
- Printed with Epson K3 Ultrachrome archival, pigmented ink
- Print will be shipped by US Postal Service Priority Mail.
- Money Back Guarantee – If you are not completely satisfied, return the print in it’s original matting and packaging within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.