“Vase Of Black-Eyed Susans”
This is a studio painting done from direct observation. The nice thing about a studio still life is that it is possible to set things up as you like. In this case, I was able to set up a composition that features two complementary colors – purple and yellow in a field of secondary greens and neutrals.
The flowers came from my wife’s garden. This time of year she has loads of Black-eyed Susans – they grow like weeds and are everywhere in late August and early September. They are placed in a beautiful goblet shaped vase. My wife had them inside the house, but I commandeered them and brought them to the studio for a couple days.
The deep blue violet vase that sits in the back was a perfect complement, color-wise, to the flowers. Both were set up on a table that is located in front of a window. The deep greens of summer outside the window was a harmonious backdrop. A green table cloth and a small green bottle were added to the scene. In doing so, the greens of the background were brought into the foreground creating further harmony and balance.
Handling a bouquet of flowers, particularly a bouquet of the same variety, is made easier by subordinating the individual blooms and focusing on the mass of color they produce. Doing so makes it easier to create a unified work and helps to avoid “fusiness” in the painting.
It is my great privilege to sell most of my paintings direct to my buyers – many of whom purchase online. Purchasing direct, online helps me because it saves the cost of framing, transport, inventory, promotion and gallery commissions. In return, you get a really good deal on a piece of original artwork.
Beyond getting a good deal, you’ll be
– supporting a working artist
– enriching your own life by owning a unique creation you can enjoy every day
– creating a long-lasting legacy for your family
– getting in on the ground-floor of a great investment
Oh, and by the way
– if it doesn’t match the drapes, there is a money-back guarantee!
But, it’s available as a signed, limited edition print!
All editions are limited to 50 prints and are mounted and matted to a standard size for easy, low-cost framing.
“Vase Of Black Eyed Susans” is mounted and matted to 14″h x 11″w. For easy, low-cost framing.
Shipping and Handling to any U. S. address is $6.95. Click “Add To Cart”, below to purchase. Or click here to learn more.
- Print is a signed and numbered limited edition of 50 .
- Comes matted and mounted with acid free materials.
- Matted to standard 14″ x 11″ for easy, low-cost framing.
- Printed on acid-free Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper
- Printed with Epson K3 Ultrachrome archival, pigmented ink
- Print will be shipped by US Postal Service Priority Mail.
- Money Back Guarantee – If you are not completely satisfied, return the print in it’s original matting and packaging within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.