January 30, 2014 – “The Winter Blues”, Painting is 7 ” x 10″, matted and mounted to 11″ x 14″ for easy, low-cost framing. Shipping is $6.95 to any US address.
There’s no beating these winter blues! Carpenter Hill Road runs between US Rt 7 just south of the town of Bennington, up over a small mountain and then down into Pownal, Vermont. It is one of my favorite quick drives – I often head there when I go out to paint but not sure where else to go.
Along one section of the road, there are deep woods on both sides. The tall trees and their canopies produce very deep shade in the summer time. Even in winter, with the leaves off of the trees, the shadows on a sunny day are dark and deep. As I passed through this section yesterday and approached the end of the woods, deep blue shadows were cast across the road and the trunks of the trees very very dark – some of them almost black. Just enough filtered sunlight came through and dappled both the snow on the ground and the trunks of the trees. Too much to pass up!
The difficulty with a painting like this is that the value range is about as wide as it can be with stark whites and very dark, darks. One trick is to let one or the other dominate. In this painting, the darks that dominate while some of the area that was pure white snow in the actual scene, were toned down with blue shadows. To provide some relief from the heavy darks, the mid-value color – mostly the blue shadows in this painting – are allowed to be fairly high in intensity.
It is my great privilege to sell most of my paintings direct to my buyers – many of whom purchase online. Purchasing direct, online helps me because it saves the cost of framing, transport, inventory, promotion and gallery commissions. In return, you get a really good deal on a piece of original artwork.
Beyond getting a good deal, you’ll be
– supporting a working artist
– enriching your own life by owning a unique creation you can enjoy every day
– creating a long-lasting legacy for your family
– getting in on the ground-floor of a great investment
Oh, and by the way
– if it doesn’t match the drapes, there is a money-back guarantee!
But, it’s available as a signed, limited edition print!
All editions are limited to 50 prints and are mounted and matted to a standard size for easy, low-cost framing. “8 AM” is mounted and matted to 11″h x 14″w. For easy, low-cost framing. Shipping and Handling to any U. S. address is $6.95. Click “Add To Cart”, below to purchase. Or click here to learn more.
- Print is a signed and numbered limited edition of 50 .
- Comes matted and mounted with acid free materials.
- Matted to standard 11″ x 14″ for easy, low-cost framing.
- Printed on acid-free Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper
- Printed with Epson K3 Ultrachrome archival, pigmented ink
- Print will be shipped by US Postal Service Priority Mail.
- Money Back Guarantee – If you are not completely satisfied, return the print in it’s original matting and packaging within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price.